All About Recycling
Recyclables are best if placed in a box, as we do not recycle plastic bags or garbage bags. Plastic bags can usually be taken back to the store and disposed of in their recycling containers. For example, Lowe’s (registered trademark) and Walmart (registered trademark) have recycling bins for some items. Please use the recycling container properly and placing items that are not allowed into the bins is classified as Illegal dumping; please help us by ensuring that you only place what is listed on the side.
See the table below for what items can be recycled, how to prepare them, and the items we cannot accept. If you have any questions, please contact us using the form on our contact page. Thank you.
|Material||What To Recycle||Cleaning & Preparation||What Cannot Be Recycled|
|Clear & Colored Glass||Clear & colored bottles or jars||Clean and remove food (labels are okay)||No Ceramics, pottery, bulbs, mirrors, and automobile glass.|
|Scrap Metal||Cans and all metals||Clean||No Aerosol & paint cans|
|Plastic Bottles||Milk, soda, detergent, etc. (labeled #1 & #2)||Rinse||No Pesticide & oil containers, no bags|
|Cardboard||Corrugated only||Bundled||No Waxed cardboard, etc.|
|Chipboard||Cereal boxes, soda, boxes, etc.||Flatten & bundle||No wet or contaminated|
|Household Appliances||Refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, water heaters, freezers||Take to recycling center (See our location)||Remove all food from refrigerators and freezers|
|Waste Motor Oil & Auto Batteries||Motor oil, hydraulic fluid, diesel fuel, transmission fluid||No water or antifreeze mixed in with oils. No leaves or other debris||Take to recycling center (see our location)|
|Newsprint||Everything with newspaper||Securely bundled or in paper or plastic bag||No wet paper or dirty paper, No Glossy, shiny Magazines|
|Office/Home Waste Paper or Computer Paper||office paper, shredded paper||box all except shredded paper, Bag Shredded Paper||No Carbon paper, No Wax, No Glossy, No Shiny Paper|
|Electronics||Monitors, comuters, keyboards, laptops, mice, telephones, and anything with a circuit board or a cord||Take electronics to the recycling center or place in bin if small enough||Anything that has wood on it or wet|
Where To Recycle
Recycling Drop Off Locations
1. Corning - 268 SW 2nd St, Corning AR 72422 behind Police Station GPS 36.409519, -90.580046
2. 161 E Pfeiffer St, Piggott, AR 72454 behind Community Center GPS 36.375651, -90.191553
3. 1215 W 13th St, Rector, AR 72461 City Shop, GPS 36.255212, -90.293262
1. Marmaduke - 149 Industrial Avenue, Marmaduke, AR 72443, GPS 36.186474, -90.382977
2. Paragould - 305 Airport Rd Paragould, AR 72450, GPS 36.063764, -90.512120
1. Hoxie - 314 SW Cotter St, Hoxie, AR 72433, GPS 36.049775, -90.978462
2. Walnut Ridge - 2131 US-67 BUS, Walnut Ridge, AR 72476, GPS 36.084140, -90.958758
1. Pocahontas - 145 Landfill Rd, Pocahontas, AR 72455 GPS 36.272151, -91.003396
2. Randolph County Transfer Station - 145 Landfill Rd, Pocahontas, AR 72455 GPS 36.272151, -91.003396
All recyclables must be cleaned! If your recyclables won't fit in the large recycling containers, please bring them to the recycling center.
Please bundle all newspaper and cardboard separately for processing. Plastic bottles must have the recycling symbol #1 or #2 on the bottom.
Any separation of recyclables you can do would be greatly appreciated but is not required for acceptance. We do not accept anything that is not listed in our acceptable materials table or in our pictures below or on this flyer you can download and pass out.